Obstetric TENS machine hire & sales
Labour TENS - Used for natural pain relief in childbirth. Rented & sold by Labour TENS Australia wide since 2003
Labour TENS can assist you to have a natural birth by providing effective and long lasting drug free pain relief. Using Labour TENS in childbirth may help you stay calm and comfortable which reduces the possibility of medical intervention and further complications.
We hire and sell advanced digital maternity TENS machines which are pre-programmed for labour & very easy to use. For effective pain relief it is recommended that you use Labour TENS from the first contraction through birth and beyond.
Our TENS hire company provides quality TENS machines and related products, education support and customer service to help you have the birth you want at minimal cost. TENS machines can be used alone for a drug free birth or with hospital medications or any other natural pain relief method.
Our Labour TENS machines have been used successfully by thousands of women in Australia since we started hiring them in 2003. Many of these women have provided us with great feedback and wonderful stories which may be viewed on our blog. TENS machines have been used in the UK & Europe since the 1960's.
Why hire an Obstetric TENS from Labour TENS ?We are the origional company that started hiring Obstetric TENS in Australia - we've been in business since 2003. We specialise in hiring Labour TENS for natural pain relief during labour (and beyond) and Heather is a trained nurse experienced in using TENS machines. Our knowledgable staff are able to assist via phone, email or in person if you feel like visiting our office on Sydney's Northern Beaches. We stand by the select range of products that we have choosen from many years of experience. Hiring the Labour TENS machine Australia wide was our original area of business and continues to be our core area of expertise.
When you hire with Labour TENS
- You receive a long hire period of 6 weeks for peace of mind (with an option to extend)
- No deposit required
- Fixed Australia wide postage price includes pre-paid retuen envelope
- Everything you need including a spare battery is supplied
- Receive full instructions and specialist customer support with every hire or purchase
- Heather has a background in nursing with specialist training in TENS for pain relief & is available for pain management consultation at the Lotus Centre. We also provide natural birth classes, hypnotherapy for childbirth, prenatal yoga classes, acupuncture and prenatal massage on the Northern Beaches in Sydney.
How thousands of customers rate Labour TENS hire
- Labour TENS was easy to use. Scale -10 is very easy, 0 is very difficult
- Labour TENS was easy to order. Scale -10 is very easy, 0 is very difficult
- Labour TENS was helpful for pain relief. Scale -10 is very helpful, 0 is not helpful at all
- Labour TENS hire was good value. Scale -10 is very good value, 0 is not good value
- Figures obtained from customer feed back form included with every hire.
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
- What is a Labour TENS machine?
- Why use Labour TENS ?
- How does TENS work ?
- What does labour TENS feel like ?
- When do I start using the Labour TENS ?
- How long should labour TENS be used ?
- Can I practice with labour TENS ?
- When to use or not use TENS ?
- I would like a water birth - can I use Labour TENS ?
- Can I use a Labour TENS machine with other pain relief methods ?
- Can I use Labour TENS after the birth ?
- Can I use an ordinary TENS machine ?
- When is the best time to order ?
- What if I am due in less than 3 weeks ?
- Can I take the labour TENS machine into hospital with me ?
- What if my baby is late ?
What is a Labour TENS Machine?
The Labour TENS unit is an advanced, small, battery powered device which sends a pulsed electrical stimulus via pads to the skin.Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) stimulates the release of endorphins & uses the gate theory of pain relief as researched by "Melzack & Wall".TENS machines have been in use since the 1960's and over the years have become smaller, portable and easier to use.The Labour TENS machine is included in the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (TGA)
- Drug free system for pain control
- Quick & effective pain relief
- Easy to use, light weight and portable
- Does not cause drowsiness
- Can be used for as long as pain relief required
- Normal / boost mode controllable using light weight seperate boost button
- Can be used at home when contractions start or later at hospital
- Can be used with other methods / prescribed drugs
- Non invasive giving freedom to move and walk about
- Releases natural pain killers (endorphins and encephalins)
- Blocks out pain messages traveling to the brain providing a vertual gate. Click here for more on pain theory
- Provides a sense of control over labour pain and gives an alternative focus
- A pleasant tingling sensation on the skin where the pads are placed.
- We recommend you start using Labour TENS at home at the onset of contractions. Early use of Labour TENS promotes the bodies production of endorphins and encephalins - the bodies natural pain killers.
- The TENS machine can be worn as needed for as long as desired but a minimum 30 minute duration is recommended for childbirth.
- Yes, we recommend you try out the Labour TENS machine beforehand so that you are familiar with the operation when 36 week plus for a short duration of 1-5 minutes only. You may place the pads on your lower back as you would during labour or you may place them on the inside of your forearm to test. The electrode pads are self adhesive and re-usable. Re-apply the plastic film to the sticky side of the pads when finished and store in the plastic bag.
- Labour TENS is specifically designed for childbirth. It has been tried, tested and in use since the 1960's. However there are a few precautions. Do not use over broken or desensitised skin. Do not use before 37 weeks unless approved by your doctor. Do not use if you have a pacemaker. Seek advice from doctor if you have epilepsy.
- Yes, although NOT whilst in the water. Use during the first stage of labour which may take several hours. The midwife will not usually ask you to enter the water after you are 5cm dilated. You need to REMOVE the TENS machine BEFORE you enter the water.
- Yes, you may continue using the Labour TENS machine with other methods such as pethidine and gas and air.
- Yes, Labour TENS can be effective for reducing the pain of uterine contractions after birth. The Labour TENS machine can be used whilst breastfeeding after birth.
- It is not recommended as an ordinary TENS will be less effective and more complicated. Our Labour TENS machine uses larger pads and has two specially designed pre-set programmes with a boost button for changing between the two programmes.Ordinary pain management TENS cannot cope with the rapid shift in pain management needs as they are designed for consistant pain levels.
- Order as soon as possible to secure your Labour TENS machine. It will be posted out to you to arrive by your nominated hire start date.
- We recommend you use the Express Post service (guaranteed next day delivery for most metropolitan area's) for $5 extra postage and packing. Once the TENS machine has been posted there are no refunds.
- Yes. The midwives and doctors are usually very happy for women to use labour TENS machine. Check with your midwife or doctor if you are unsure. You may need to turn the labour TENS unit off temporarily whilst using electronic monitoring equipment.
- Please phone the office as soon as possible.
- Click here for information about natural ways to induce labour.